Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Crash and Burn

So, Friday, and Saturday were a bit on the cray-cray side of life.  After work on Friday, I had numerous errands to run with my youngest as he prepped for the state level competition at National History Day.  He and a friend have spent numerous hours, days, and months putting together a documentary on The Tuskegee Airmen.  The were first place at their high school, Go Erie High Tigers!  They were second place at Greeley at UNC (University of Northern Colorado), and yesterday was the state competition.  Anywho, I've gotten side tracked.  With Friday's errands, I lost points for the first time on the game.  I went more than 4 hours without a meal.  Oh my goodness, I could tell!! I wanted to eat my youngest's arm off!  LOL, not really, but I was crazy hungry.  I finally made it back home, only to have to prepare food for myself.  No Good Times Burger and Fries, No Chick-fila, and no processed frozen meal.  I decided I wanted tacos.  My teammate had mentioned a taco bar and it just sound heavenly.  So, I finally mustered up the energy, while dousing myself with more water, and made dinner.  I think I finally sat down to eat sometime after 7, Yikes! I bought these "whole wheat" tortillas, had a dollop of lean ground meat, a smidge of salsa (without sugar), spinach, and a dollop of cheese.  So I think the ingredients rocked.  The taco meat was made with homemade seasoning, so it wasn't "store taco mix", and it was a little different.  But, steer clear of those whole wheat tortillas, I thought it tasted like a piece of paper.  I'd rather have more salsa, with no tortilla.  Needless to say that pack will probably end up in the garbage.  Bluck!!  I also had an additional salad with green beans, artichoke hearts and spinach.














I also prepped meal 2 and 4 and dinner #5 for Saturday since I'd be gone all day on Saturday.
Pulled pork made with lean pork meat and an onion.  1 cup of water, and 1 cup of apple cider vinegar.  Crock pot meal! 














Next up, was another point loss in the game, I accidentally without thinking about it stepped on the scale twice Saturday morning :/.  Point penalty!  Dang it! But, breakfast turned out yummy.  I had berries with an egg.  For Meal/Snack #2, I made a peanut butter whip dip thing out of Peanut Butter and greek yogurt.  When I ate it on Friday night, I thought too much peanut butter ( I do not like peanut butter, except in cookies).  But then when I ate it saturday, again... Bluck!  I didn't like it.  I dipped a banana in it.  Maybe a strawberry or an apple would be better, but no bueno!












Next up was my FREE meal!!! I was so excited.  I enjoyed lunch with some friends at Outback.  We of course started with a bloomin onion, and a side salad with my favorite dressing they have (balsamic blue cheese vinaigrette).  Then I went for the buffalo chicken sandwich for my main meal.  Let's say I was feeling pleasantly plump when I finished.  (That phrase makes me chuckle, as one of my speech kiddos in HS, didn't know what that meant, and wasn't familiar with that term last week.)  I also indulged in two lemonades, mmmmmm.

After lunch we headed back to CU-Denver to wait for the "listing" of the finalist.  I'm so proud of my son!! He did awesome.  He's a little on the shy side, but he handles himself, and presented like a rock star!
Here's a picture of my handsome kiddo, as he's introducing his partner.

Well at 1:15, we learned that their documentary did not make the finals.  At the time I was kinda relieved, since winning would have required us to stay until well after 5.  This morning, I'm feeling kinda bad for them, and hope Dev's not too upset.  He kinda rolls with the punches so I'm guessing he was fine with it.  Both of us napped on the way home while Jon drove.  Jon took evil pics up us sleeping in the car.  I will not be posting those for your viewing pleasure :-)

Once we got home, the aroma of my dinner smacked me in the face.  Wow, I had forgotten that at 7am I started dinner in the crockpot.  But, before dinner, we went grocery shopping, and I did my 20 minutes of exercise.  I also opened the mail (my new healthy habit)and got my fabulous new shoes for the upcoming wedding!  Now to get a sweater, chunky jewelry, and a tiny clutch purse for a reasonable price, haha.






Dinner was really good.  I decided to sauté some spinach, and onions with a little olive oil.  We baked some sweet potato fries, and the side of pulled pork.  I will always be indebted to the Linn's for sharing this very authentic NC meal with us, that my family loves! (the pulled pork recipe)



Now the very sad news:  This morning when I stepped on the scale, I was back at my very same original start weight: 130.4.   I hate Outback!! Yep, I'm going to blame it on them LOL.  Then, to make matters worse, I have a "free" day today.  I don't think I"ll weigh myself tomorrow.  So far, I've had a cup of snapple peach tea from my Kurig.  (Thanks Reeda for the K cups).  Some Sugar Babies. :-O, an apple turnover, and 3 pieces of bacon.  Needless to say I am now trying to drink a liter of water, so that I can flush all that badness out of my body before having some ice cream later.  Jon and I are going on a 10 mile bike ride around noonish(hoping to get some sun), and then the family will enjoy a meal out before going back to work tomorrow.

I can say that I'm certainly feeling defeated and deflated about the weight gain.  But, I'm also not going to sweat it.  I think it'll fall off again, or let's say I'm hopeful.  How do you deal with set backs?  Any helpful tips that help you stay focused on your end goal?  Are you eating or making yummy snacks or dinners, that you'd like to share?? I'd love to hear about them!  Until then, Game ON people, Game ON!













2 comments:

  1. Congrats to D on a job well done. Your meals always look so delicious,even your diet food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks jennifer aGlimpseOfOurLife! We were so proud of him :)

    ReplyDelete