Monday, May 5, 2014

Day #... I lost count, but day after free day, is No Bueno!

Happy Monday all of my dieting friends!  I hope you all had a great day.  I started my day with hitting snooze only once, but had to think about it because at first I thought it was the second snooze.  I panicked a bit at 4:54 AM!  Needless to say, the rest of my day went off without a hitch.  Except that step on the scale, and let's just say I should never weight myself after a "free" day.   

My meals were filling, and spaced well today.  I drank all my water, with no problem.  When I got home, I contemplated running to Target for a few things we need, but quickly decided against that. Exercise had to happen.  I don't have time for it in the morning, I wish I did, but I don't.  As I had changed my clothes, and gotten ready, I meandered downstairs to the study and texted my friend in Karen in KS.  I thought talking to her while I walked, would certainly place a positive aspect on this negative task.  Well, I ended up walking for 36 minutes, which is more than the expected 20 for the game.  I also enjoyed a nice long conversation with my friend.  I often don't make the time to call friends, but I really always enjoy talking to them once I make the effort!  Technology I believe, has made me lazy.  So, while I was in our study, this little baby started calling my name.  I quickly called Devan and gave the box to him.  I told him to eat them, hide them, whatever, but get rid of them!  On the upside, I didn't eat the whole box on my day off :) 


Finally, I threw our left over dinner together.  And, I was just in the nick of time!  I only had 10 minutes to spare until I went over my 4 hour window frame for eating (Meals have to be between 2 and 4 hours).  Dinner was delicious.  I had a small scoop of taco meat, with a small spoon of salsa, some cheese, and a huge helping of sauteed onions and peppers.  I kid you not, the house was smelling just like a mexican restaurant.  I followed this with a small helping of strawberries that I needed to use.  The boys each got a bowl too! Good thing since we didn't get to celebrate Cinco de Mayo today.  I specifically told Jon that next year, we will go out for Margs, chips, and dinner!  Diet life rains a little on my ideal life's parade sometimes.  

                                 
On Saturday, Jon and I did a Walmart run.  I hate Walmart.  I've done the "Walmart to go" once, but never have my stuff together to get my order in.  But, Jon needed something in the hardware department, so I agreed.  We spent more money that we should have, the theme of any grocery run I do these days.  But, I stumbled upon the cutest little container for my lunches/snacks.  I decided that this week, I'd have a 1/4 of avocado for my fat for two of my meals.  I wanted to bring a lite dressing that I could put just a drop or two on the avocado for taste.  Don't get me wrong, I can eat just plain ole avocado.  I assumed I'd just bring the whole bottle, but then I found this little guy!  It's the cutest container of all containers.  I used it today, and it's so easy to control portions, and so compact.  I believe I am in love, yes, with a container! 
After making dinner earlier, I asked my boys, both of whom enjoyed the dinner that I made, who would put away the left overs.  (yes, I often feel like the little red hen!).  My youngest pipes up and says, "Mom, if you want to lose weight, you've got to move around more, and put stuff away yourself."  Needless to say, after this major horseplay battle, I did not get a good picture to post.  But, my husband, took this one from where he was sitting.  The boy is strong, and I am no match for him.  Perhaps I should incorporate upper body strength training into this "Game On" diet.  Check out my chocolate lab.  She wasn't too sure about what was going on, and was a little concerned.  

 As I move forward to what will be a somewhat difficult week, I'm learning how to make life work within the parameters of the diet.  I've problem solved how I'll eat and see my mentor on Wednesday.  How I'll enjoy and eat with my "speckle" SPED team after school on Friday.  Timing will be key, and discipline too.  Carry on diet warriors!  

Someone told me this weekend, that they "never" diet.  Well, I've only done a formal diet once before.  And, ya know what, I don't really need to diet, but I want to.  I want to be a little bit lighter, and a little bit healthier.  There's no shame in that! 





No comments:

Post a Comment