Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Wow, I can't believe it's been 3 full days since I've touched my blog.  But to start off, Happy Mother's Day!  I hope you were showered with love and attention today.  I got two wonderful cards, and a gift card... in addition to my fabulous weekend.  We went away to the Great Sand Dunes, and it was quite an experience!  We hiked way up to one of the taller dunes.  I'm quite certain it wasn't the highest, but it was high enough for me.  We hiked for a total of 2.09 miles, in 1 hour and 43 minutes, and we climbed 891 vertical feet.  Going up we had to stop a lot!  The altitude (8500ft) was significantly higher than where we live, and I was breathing like a seriously out of shape person.  But, the boys were tolerant, and stayed with me pretty well.  Devan took this really cool pano shot with his phone.
So, let's do some back tracking so I can tell you about my "game-on" diet.  Thursday, I did so well, got out of the house on time, grabbed all of my foods.  When I got on the interstate, I realized I didn't grab my frozen premade lunch.  I quickly reached out to my diet buddy.  Help!! What do I do now that I forgot my lunch.  We brainstormed back and forth, and decided Chipotle would be the best option.  Oh, and once I dug into this delicious burrito bowl, I was quite certain it was the best option!  Now Chipotle does offer brown rice, but I was looking for low carb, so I did veggies (peppers and onions) on the bottom, with meat, and then pico de gallo and corn salsa on top for my carbs.  It was filling, and oh so tasty.  It was almost like a cheat, but without cheating.  Best of all, I had lunch for Friday too! 
 



I've been able to stay on top of my exercising and my healthy/bad habit.  But I blew points on Wednesday night, when we went to red robin.  So, I lost all points for dinner.  I've been able to consume my water so that's good.  Friday was another ok day.  I did well for my first 3 meals, then my 4th meal was probably enough for a 4th-7th LOL.  I only ate a 4th and skipped my 5th. Saturday started out strong I ate my first 2 meals, no problem and then for our 3rd, it came much later... Needless to say, the point counting on the score card is getting rather complicated for me.  I must get back to regular normal diet eating.

Today is Mother's Day, and I decided it would be my free day.  We started out looking for a yummy breakfast, but in the middle of Colorado... It's next to impossible.  I'm anxious for my brother to move out here, so we can just crash at their place, and eat breakfast there LOL.  So here it was almost 10, and we still hadn't found breakfast, gas station stop.  I opted for chips (insert shocked face), a slice of cheese, and my first soda since I've started the diet.  I also had a small bag of candy the boys bought me that I was saving for Sunday.  Yep, that was my breakfast.  Perhaps you see the problem, and know why I need to be dieting.  For lunch, which was several hours later, we stopped at Macaroni Grill.  The boys do not love this place, so I was thrilled to get to pick for Mother's Day.  I did well, ordered water and only ate 1/2 of my dinner.  I did however, really enjoy probably way more than my share of bread before the meal.

Now that we are home, I'm chugging water, washing laundry, and about to go hit the treadmill.  I'd like to say that I took one day off of exercise this 7 days, but I'm thinking it's not going to happen.  I'm literally terrified to step on the scale tomorrow.  Did I mention that it's snowing outside?  I miss Louisiana(where I grew up) on days like this.  Attached is a pic of me and Kid B yesterday, and another of me and my fabulous hubs.  I so wish I was a millionaire so that I could fly Kid A out to spend time with us, I miss her sooooooooooo much.  Sometimes, I think it's literally causing small cracks in my heart.  But, I'm trying to be strong, because very soon, before I'm ready Kid B will fly the coop!

Thanks to my wonderful husband and son for making today special for me!  I'm lucky to have you all in my life.  I even woke up to a super sweet text message from Kid A, and then enjoyed chatting with her on our way home.  The scale may be a little bit off tomorrow, but I'm sure it's just because of all the love I've been showered with :-) Or at least, that's what I'm going to tell myself.

 






Tomorrow, it's back to serious hard core, GAME-On! 

No comments:

Post a Comment